Fluffy Chocolate Chip Harvest Cookies (Gluten-Free) -Field Notes Entry 111
These delicious muffin-top style cookies are a great way to celebrate Fall flavors. Not only is this a beginner friendly recipe but it is substitute friendly as well. You can use replacements as needed for eggs, flour, oils, etc. Make it your own!
prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 25 MINUTES
Ingredients (Big Batch Approx. 55 Cookies)
· 1 15oz. Can organic pumpkin or sweet potato puree
· ¼ Cup Organic unsweetened applesauce
· 3 Tbs Ghee or coconut oil melted
· 1/3 cup maple syrup
· 1/3 cup monk fruit sweetener
· 2 tsp vanilla
· 3 eggs
You can either use 2 TBSP of your favorite pumpkin pie mix or use:
· 1 tbsp cinnamon
· ½ tsp ground nutmeg
· ¼ tsp ground ginger
· ¼ tsp ground cloves
· 2 cups almond flour, Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Baking Flour, or oat flour (Each has a slightly different texture but all come out fluffy!)
· 3 Tbs tapioca flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon salt
· 1 10 0z. bag Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate chips (or your favorite brand)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, use mix the sweet potato or pumpkin puree, applesauce, ghee or oil, and maple syrup together with a whisk. Add in the monk fruit sweetener and combine. Add vanilla and seasoning mix of choice. Add the eggs to the bowl and mix until just combined.
3. In second bowl, mix or sift the flour of your choice, tapioca flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Using a cookie scoop to measure out even scoops of dough onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Let them sit for a few minutes before removing them from pan.
* These little yummies hold their size while baking, so you can fit quite a few in each batch.
*These freeze great for up to a month! Just layer with parchment.
· Add ½ cup walnuts
· Add ½ cup almond butter
Replace chocolate chips with:
· ¾ cup dried cranberries and ¾ cup pecans
· 1 tsp organic orange flavor, 1 tsp lemon zest, 1 cup toasted almon slivers.
Be creative. And Share with us your own recipes!
I hope you enjoy these fun fall goodies! -BB