I am a bookworm.
And not ashamed to admit it.
Books are a source of inspiration and encouragement. They inspire my dreams and help me find courage. I read books on my phone and on my Surface. And listen on Audible and the web. I buy hard copies and paperbacks, old ones and new ones. I read mainly non-fiction but historical fictions is a part of my bedtime routine.
I read dozens of books a year but...
Each year I commit to 12 growth books that I will read slower and take notes on. Often, these
books get carried over a year because I am really chewing on them..
Here is my 2020 growth book list to tackle:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
(This one I will spend all year on.)
2. Get out of your Head by Jennie Allen
3. 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson
4. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
5. Getting Things Done, the Art of Stress Free
Productivity by David Allen
6. Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis
7. Called to Create by Jordan Raydon
8. E Myth Mastery by Michael E. Gerber
9. 24/6 Eugene Peterson
10. Younger Next Year for Woman by Henry S. Lodge
11. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu, and Douglas Carlton Abrams
12. The 4-Hour workweek by Timothy Ferriss